Thursday, December 20, 2012

Gingerbread House

When Micah and I were dating we put together a ginger bread house with some of our friends... it was probably the most creative house we have made... I remember we used pretzels to make a balcony and 10 years later we still make a ginger bread house every year.

Our boys now get really excited about making them and we had a good time... I just always forget how patient you have to be while you put the house together and wait for the icing to dry.

Here is our house:

The back of the house.


The front... the kit we had came with fondant.
I had never used fondant before, it was fun to make things with but it didn't taste very good. 

Sadly to say the house has already been demolished... the pieces now reside in a ziploc bag and MJ enjoys any time he gets to eat it.

No comments: