Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Celebrating the Big 30 in New York City!


I am going to attempt to recall all that we did in NYC... just for my memory later in life. I don't want to forget any of it. The trip was a blessing and one I hope I never forget.

I think I was 27 when I began saying when I turn 30 I am going back to NYC. I had been to New York shortly after I turned 20 and it was a magical trip with two great friends. During that trip I fell in love with New York, people were friendly and there is a calmness and a peace in the midst of all of the people and hustle and bustle. This trip wasn't any different. If we looked confused about which way to go or which subway to take people would ask if they could help us.

Well here we go... my trip began on Wednesday September 18th.  The travel day was such a long day and I was exhausted. I met up with Lacey, Hilary, Dana and Casey and we were off to meet the car service to take us to the apartment we rented for our visit.

We stayed at Suitetopia, it was a perfect size for the 5 of us and would have comfortably slept one more person. It was also within walking distance to most everything we wanted to do.

Thursday September 19th, 2013:

We slept until we woke up and then got ready for a day full of walking and shopping.

Lacey and I at the Bethesda Fountain in Central Park.


Breakfast at the Boat House in Central Park.




This is the walk way under the Bethesda Terrace. 
This is the ceiling in the walk way under the terrace.
I loved finding art all over the city that adds a charm and elegance.


We all enjoyed some shopping. 


We rode the subway to Macy's to check out the wooden escalator's.
We also had an amazing late lunch at Stella 34.
Then it was back to the apartment to get ready for our first Broadway show.




We really enjoyed the show.
Unfortunately,  Hilary and I have our eyes closed but this was the only picture we have from the show.
After the show we walked to Sardi's for dessert. We had the best waiter and laughed until we cried.
Sardi's was one of my favorite parts of the trip.


Friday September 20th, 2013:
Breakfast at Bouchon Bakery then it was to the Top of the Rock.  

Our tickets came with a souvenir picture...
Then the photographer said act like you are falling... We all cracked up when we saw this one.

All of us at the Top of the Rock.
The elevator ride to the top is a little crazy... music... flashing lights.... our ears popping.... being able to see through the top of the elevator into the elevator shaft.


The views were beautiful. 

We were all pampered at the Dry Bar - the bottom picture is before and the top is our after picture.
It is a salon where they just wash and dry/style your hair.
We went back to Tiffany's and then had dinner at Trump Towers.
These pictures are a little out of order: we went to the MET first and then the Empire State Building.

The Empire State Building is beautiful and I couldn't help but think of some of my favorite movies
that include the Empire State Building. An Affair to Remember has to be my favorite though.
The night views were gorgeous!

Here we are at the MET... this is part of the Egypt exhibit.
I can't believe this is inside it was beautiful.


This was part of the American History Wing.
This is a title ceiling from a courtyard of a castle from Spain.
Here is more of the courtyard.
This is the NYC Library.
We walked past the library on our way back to our apartment. 

Saturday September 21st, 2013: 


We made our way to the financial district where we took the Staten Island Ferry.
The views were beautiful and we had great views of the Statue of Liberty!
Lacey and I in front of the New York Stock Exchange. 

Then we went to Grand Central Station.
It is the 100th anniversary of Grand Central.
The ceiling is decorated in a beautiful mural. 
We also ate lunch in Grand Central and had the best soup and salad. 

Then it was off to Broadway show #2!
We saw Wicked.
Casey, Hilary, Dana, Lacey and I really enjoyed the show.
It was Casey's 3rd time and Dana's 2nd time seeing the show.
I cried like a baby in the end.



We finished up our day eating at Ellen's Stardust Diner.
Here the waiters and waitresses are trying to make it on Broadway and they
sing/perform during your meal.


Sunday September 22nd, 2013: 

The car service picked me up at 4:00am and took me to the airport for my long journey home. I arrived home around 1:30pm and the boys were so excited to see me. We took the boys to see the movie Planes and then we had to go to the grocery store and get something to eat. It took me a couple of days to recuperate but it was worth it. 

I am so thankful to have had that time away with friends... a once in a lifetime trip. I am also blessed to have a husband who was willing to be home with the boys... who was excited for me to go and encouraged me to have a great time. (He had no desire what so ever to go to NYC so it worked out well for both of us.) 

No comments: