This blog is normally just for updating people about our little family but today I need to vent a little.
Growing up I would dream about all the things I might want to do someday.
Some of those jobs included: broadcast journalism, early education teacher, a mom, accountant, loan officer or work in advertising. I am thankful every day that I get to be a mom!
The advertising aspiration began after watching a commercial that I found to be less than entertaining and I thought if that advertisement makes it then maybe I could succeed in the world of advertising.
Here is where the soap box comes in, I just want companies to sell me their products in the commercials on TV. I don't need to know your political views, and I especially don't need you exposing my young children or my husband for that matter to half naked women eating cheeseburgers. We are all people who need food to eat, clothes to wear and things to buy. I understand that if you want to make money then people need to know about your product, but could you please use some decency when approving the advertisements you will put on air.
I also get so frustrated with TV commercials that are not age appropriate for the program currently being aired. One network in particular (ABC Family) will show family movies but during the commercials you see advertisements for shows that I myself wouldn't watch. How about sports, I would consider most sports to be a family friendly program. I have three boys in my house, we are going to watch a lot of sports, do I want my children seeing an advertisement for the headless horseman or any of the zombie/vampire shows that are on TV?
I know I am only one person and there isn't a whole lot that I can do, so I record as many shows as possible that we will be watching and fast forward so I don't have to see your advertisements or I change the channel.
Anyone else out there feel the same way?
Anyone else out there feel the same way?
1 comment:
YES!!!
Post a Comment