Wednesday, April 17, 2013

It's The Little Things

Spring is here...

One of the things that I like about where we live is that on the long and curvy road we live on there is a farm that has a road side stand with strawberries and veggies.

Last year shortly after moving here everyone was telling us about the strawberries and how good they taste. I would be lying if I didn't tell you that we were a little skeptical, but after tasting some of the strawberries from this stand we were sold. Micah even said "these are so good you don't even have to put sugar on them". I wish I could send some back to Georgia because these strawberries are what strawberries should taste like... not like the ones in the grocery store. Last year I made strawberry syrup and homemade strawberry ice-cream. This year I hope to make both of those but add in some strawberry jelly/jam... maybe I can mail that to Georgia.

I am finding that looking at the little things in life, the little blessings, is really the best way for me to see the Lord in all things and to enjoy the life I am living, where I am living.



These are the strawberries and some onions I bought last week at the farm stand.
The first basket is half empty because the boys just had to have some as soon as we got home and washed them. 


1 comment:

Christina said...

Oh my goodness Jess, I believe you and I truly are kindred spirits. I stumbled across your blog via Facebook (which I unfortunately so rarely go on) and I just love reading your posts. You and I still have so much in common after all the years that have passed - it's kinda scary actually. It made me realize how much I miss you and how grateful I am for so many fond memories of the friendship we shared in high school. I would love to reconnect and chat with you sometime. My email is cjhaley83@yahoo.com.
<3, Christina