Yesterday was the first day of spring and it was rather cool here... I think the high was 56 and almost all of the snow from the weekend has melted.
I have been watching the news and I know how hot it has been in the south and I have heard about the pollen count. I have been missing seeing trees bloom and all of the colors of spring. While driving back from town on Sunday I noticed some really pretty pink bushes that were blooming and I really wanted to pull over and cut the branches to put some in my house... but I restrained myself and thought I could probably just make some.
So on Monday the boys and I went out for a walk and played in some melting snow and puddles and I found some branches that had fallen off of a tree that I thought would be good for my forsythia project.
Then on Tuesday I cut some tissue paper and broke out the hot glue gun and went to work while Grant was napping, because Grant and hot glue would not be a good combination.
Here is a picture of the final project... I think it turned out pretty cute and it is just the pop of color and hint of spring I was looking for.
No comments:
Post a Comment