Since moving I have been craving some good ole southern food.
Some things I can make and others I just wouldn't even attempt to recreate like Brunswick Stew from Davis Bar-B-Que, it is so good that I know if I made it I would just be disappointed. Plus I don't have the recipe. (If someone would like to mail me some stew that would be awesome) I even dreamed about eating Davis Bar-B-Que Brunswick Stew the other night.
Well I have made Chicken-n-Dumplins and Chicken Fried Steak and Gravy but I have really been craving biscuits.
I have tried several times to make biscuits and they always turn out hard and dry. So last night I made one last attempt. I used the White Family Cook Book recipe (Thank you Hilary and Josh Tatum for the cookbook). Well I am happy to say that they turned out great!
So I had these yummy biscuits what should should I put on them.
Well what could be more southern than sausage gravy. Thanks to Jerry Davis I can actually make gravy. So we had sausage gravy biscuits, scrambled eggs and orange slices. It was a yummy dinner!
No comments:
Post a Comment