Friday, March 23, 2012

St. Patricks Day

This past Saturday was St. Patricks Day and we went to Old Sacramento for the St. Patrick's Day Parade.

I would have to say that this parade has nothing on a parade in Jasper GA. It was so quiet and there was a major lack of candy. I even missed the Shriners and I had no idea when the parade would be over because they had horses scattered through out the parade instead of all at the end. One interesting fact is that there were pirates in this parade... I don't know much about history but I am pretty sure that the Irish and Pirates don't go well together.

I guess all that really matters is that we were out of the house exploring and we had a great time. Old Sacramento was a neat town with wooden side walks and fun stores. The old town is located on a river and there is a old train station, the boys had fun climbing on some of the engines.

All in all it was a good day!

This drum line was great... and the
loudest part of the parade. 

A big motorized shopping cart...
you don't see one of those everyday. 

Micah, MJ and Grant.
We didn't have a great view. 

Part of the Old Town

The grass was so green... we looked for
a 4-leaf clover but didn't have any luck. 

No comments: