Tuesday, May 29, 2012

MJ and Grant

Last Wednesday Grant had his 18 month checkup so MJ went to work with Micah while I took Grant to his appointment.

Grant is getting so big and he is getting 2 more bottom teeth, he is finally trying to talk he has tried to say mouse (we always find the mouse when we read Good Night Moon) and he tried to say Elmo so his vocabulary is slowly starting to grow.

MJ was only supposed to stay with Micah while I was gone (maybe an hour and a half) but MJ decided he was going to work with Micah all day. When MJ and Micah came home for lunch I asked what they had been doing and MJ said "well we fixed a pipe". He finished up lunch and went back to work with Micah. When they came home I asked what else he had been doing he said he played some basketball with a couple of the summer interns and he went to the Sugar Barrel (the snack bar) and had some ice cream and then he helped Tiffany (camp store manager) put together a chair.

Then that night he had a t-ball game and now during t-ball the coach will pitch 3 pitches and if they don't hit that then they use the tee and they have started calling outs ( I guess to help prepare for next year when some of the kids move up to baseball). MJ had a couple of great hits but he got someone out a second he stopped the ball and tagged the base. He was so excited when he got the boy out! He often gives us thumbs up while he is out on the field and I am pretty sure this was one of those times. On the way home MJ was watching a movie in the van and he said "This was a good day"

It is such a blessing to be MJ and Grant's mom.

No comments: