Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Log Splitting

I know that this is a funny title but I just had to write about this latest adventure. 

We live in the mountains of northern California where propane can be pretty expensive so our house has a wood burning stove... which means we burn wood for a lot of our heat. 

When we moved here last February we were welcomed with a woodshed full of wood but this year we had to stock pile wood. So Micah and some guys from work went out and scouted some trees and got out their manly chain saws and cut them into logs that would fit in most wood stoves. 

Now all we have to do is use the wood splitter and split the wood. One Sunday afternoon our family (all 4 of us) and our neighbor went down to the wood pile and split a truck full of wood. 
I was amazed at how easy and actually fun splitting wood was. 

So the week before Thanksgiving Karen, Tiffany and I went and split another truck load of wood by choice. I know that the men around here would do it for us but it is kind of nice to know that those things aren't as hard as I think they would be... and it is good exercise... and fun. 

So that is my post... sorry I wrote about splitting wood but that is my life right now. 



No comments: